Did ya forget to take something out for dinner? Maybe you ran out of time to marinate something? Standard procedure in most of our lives I think. We are so overwhelmed with life that sometimes dinner has to take a backseat. Try this. It is so damn simple and takes so little time, which is really what I strive for in most of my recipes. So in honor of my 100th post, I present you with a recipe that epitomizes everything I look for in recipes. Low fat, healthy, easy, quick and uses ingredients that most people have on hand. It’s just an added bonus that this one is also Gluten Free.
2 Fish filets – Use your favourite fish. I used Tilapia.
3 tbsp Butter or Dairy Free alternative
1/8th cup Citrus Juice **SEE NOTES
1 tbsp Citrus Rind **SEE NOTES
Salt & Pepper
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with tinfoil
– Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Lay filets on baking sheet and throw in the oven for 10 minutes or until the surface is no longer translucent
– Rasp the rind of your fruit and juice it. I used a the rind and juice from quarter of a large orange
– In a small pot on medium heat, melt the butter and add the citrus juice and rind. Bring it to a light simmer for 2 minutes, pour over fish ensuring that all of the rind ends up on your fish.
– Finish baking the fish until no longer translucent in the middle. Serve.
– Use whatever fish you like. I personally prefer white fish but I’m sure this would be good on any fish. If you choose something with a stronger flavor , add a bit more rind so it doesn’t disappear with the flavor of the fish. You want them to compliment each other.
Weight Watchers points per serving – 5
Calories – 197.7
Fat – 10.9g
Fibre – 0.6g
Sodium – 271.5mg
Carbohydrates – 2.7g
Protein – 22.8g