That’s right. I said it. Pizza. MMMMmmmm Pizza. The best part about these is there is no crust. You just mix it up and throw it in a muffin tin to bake. I recently read that cravings can be conquered by looking at an image of what you’re craving and eating a salad. While that sounds a bit extreme, let’s not get crazy. If you’re craving pizza, try these. They smell like pizza and taste like pizza but have the texture of a little muffin. I slightly overcooked them the first time I made them and they had a bit of a singed flavor. Still good, but keep an eye on them. Pizza for the win!
2 cups Riced Cauliflower **SEE NOTES
1/4 cup Egg Whites or Ener-G Egg Replacer
1 cup Cottage Cheese – Fat Free – Drained
1 tsp Oregano
2 tsp Parsley
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Coconut Oil *Optional
1-2 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
– Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 12 cup muffin tin
– Rice your cauliflower and microwave 2 cups of it for 6-8 minutes. Alternatively you can sautee it on medium high heat until translucent.
– Place all other ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. – Combine the cauliflower and blended ingredients and fully incorporate.
– Evenly spoon mixture into your muffin tins, levelling them out on top and pressing the ingredients into the pan.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes
– When crispy and golden on top, remove from the oven and let cool. It’s important that you let them cool or they’ll fall apart and be hard to take from the pan.
– Serve with a marinara sauce or pizza sauce for dipping
– To rice your cauliflower you can either hand grate it or remove all the stems and pulse it in a food processor until it is a grain-like texture.
– I put one slice of pepperoni and two black olive slices on top of each of my bites before putting them in the oven. A suggestion to this though is to cut each pepperoni slice in half first. It’s hard to bite in half otherwise.
Serves – 6
Weight Watchers points per serving – 2 (for 2 pizza bites)
Calories – 65.5
Fat – 2.5g
Fibre – 1g
Sodium – 348mg
Carbohydrates – 3.7g
Protein – 7.7g