Not so much a fan of the avocado. I don’t hate it, I just never buy it and aside from salad, don’t know what to do with it. This recipe however, is a bit of a turning point. Excellent for breakfast, lunch or dessert, or even a tasty and filling snack. You can use a food processor, blender or immersion blender. My man is an avid avocado hater and he surprisingly enjoyed it. That should tell you something!
1 Avocado – Peeled and Pitted
1/2 cup Milk or Non-Dairy Alternative
1/4 cup Sugar or Splenda**SEE NOTES
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
– Peel and pit the avocado, slicing it
– Put it a bowl of a food processor or blender and add the milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Blend until fully combined – it’s ok to leave a few small avocado chunks.
– Put in the fridge for 10 minutes and then drink.
– Next time I make this I will use less than 1/4 cup of sugar. It was a teeny bit too sweet for me. I would probably use 1/8 of a cup.
– I’m going to try using splenda instead. There’s over 500 calories in this drink with the sugar!
NUTRITIONAL INFO **Values based on splenda, not sugar
Weight Watchers points per serving – 10
Calories – 337.9
Fat – 26.9g
Fibre – 11.8g
Sodium – 77.7mg
Carbohydrates – 28.4g
Protein – 7.6g