I purchased a nice little book of slow cooker recipes from Reader’s Digest. This is the first I’ve tried and if you’ve tried and liked my Spicy Tangy Chicken in the slow cooker than you’ll enjoy this one too! It’s quite similar but is quite a bit healthier! But I like it most because this is way faster to make and isn’t spicy … though you could make it so!
5 Chicken Breasts – Boneless Skinless
1 can Cranberry Sauce – Whole Berry
1 cup BBQ Sauce
1 Onion – Finely Chopped
2 stalks Celery – Finely Chopped
– Cube your chicken and throw in the slow cooker (no need to brown first!)
– In medium bowl combine cranberry sauce, BBQ sauce, onion and celery
– Pour over chicken, stir and cover. Cook for 5-6 hours on low.
– Serve over rice, steamed veggies, noodles or eat as is!
– The original recipe called for salt and pepper but I didn’t put either. BBQ sauce certainly has enough sodium already
– If you want to make it spicy add a 1/2 tsp Cayenne and maybe some red chili flakes
Weight Watchers points per serving – 8
Calories – 317.7
Fat – 2g
Fibre – 1g
Sodium – 390.7mg
Carbohydrates – 34.6g
Protein – 40.7g