Some of my favourite recipes are on this list. Crockpot Short Ribs are up there for sure. I make Homemade Yogurt weekly. I don’t know how the Mexican Black Bean sauce ends up at the top every month but there it is! Don’t get me wrong, it’s a kickass sauce – healthy, easy to make and handy for so many things. Out of 150 or so recipes though, I don’t know how it keeps making it to the top. I won’t complain though, it just means you guys get to keep seeing it and hopefully will be inspired to make it. I know, I know – it needs better pictures. Next time, I promise.
1. Mexican Black Bean Sauce – 82 Views
– I have plans for this sauce the next time I make it. I am thinking it might be good as a sauce for baked chicken and I want to use it in some sort of layered casserole. Speaking of layered – I need a 7 layer dip with this sauce in my belly RIGHT NOW! Oh gosh, that sounds so good.
2. Coconut Sweet Potato Muffins – 68 Views
– I may not know why the Mexican Black Bean Sauce keeps making its way to the top (it’s more like I don’t know how people are stumbling across it) but I am very confident I know why this recipe is consistently at the top. These muffins are incredible. They’re perfect, they’re delicious, your kids will love them and you can be happy giving them to your kids as they’re really quite healthy.
3. Homemade Yogurt – 65 Views
– I’m happy to see this recipe in the top 5. I think there’s a slow-growing shift in the world of people moving back to their roots, wanting to know what is in their food and the products they’re using. Wanting to ensure that their consumption is as easy on the earth and the animals as it can be. Being a city dweller who rents, I know how difficult that is so I’m trying to take small steps and do the things I can do without growing my own veggies and having a lot of space to use. I make this yogurt every week (because it’s that easy) and I use it in everything from my morning smoothie to curries and topping off some soups. I can’t even begin to tell you how satisfied I am with spending $8 a week on yogurt instead of the close to $50 I was spending. And I only spend that much because I use the expensive milk – otherwise it might be $5. I love knowing where my yogurt comes from and exactly what’s in it!
4. Crockpot Beef & Broccoli – 51 Views
– I do love this recipe. But I might be biased because I love pretty much everything that comes out of my crockpot. It is pretty salty the next day so the next time I make it, I’ll use half the soy sauce (1/4 cup) and 1/4 water. That should kick it down a notch in the sodium department. There’s something wholly satisfying to me about tender beef strips and fresh broccoli. Sticky rice is the perfect accompaniment but I also enjoy it with millet or quinoa.
5. Beef Short Ribs – 50 Views
– I actually crave this for dinner. I’m so in love with the vinegary tang of the homemade bbq sauce that I could easily eat the entire pound of beef. I might not crave it so much after that but I really can’t get enough of it. I’m going to use a pre-made bbq sauce next time and see if I like that but I will probably be disappointed and sad that I didn’t just make the whole sauce from scratch. Who am I to argue with the tried and true?