… And oil free and lactose free … and DELICIOUS. I saw this on Pinterest and did nothing short of run to the kitchen to whip it up. 9pm and I’m baking. What in the name of all that is crazy is my life coming to? I had it out of the oven and cooling on a rack by 10 pm and a slice in my hand by 10:15. Because it came together so fast and I was so excited, I failed in the picture department. Sorry ’bout that. I’ll have to rectify the situation with another loaf. Rough life. Anyways, the recipe is simple, you don’t need any special equipment, except maybe a loaf pan – and an oven. It comes out very moist (even without the oil!), banana-ey with the perfect amount of sweetness. Don’t believe me? Try it. I’m ‘almost’ willing to pay for your ingredients if you don’t like it.
2 cups All Purpose Flour – Gluten Free or Wheat
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 cup Apple Sauce – Unsweetened
3/4 cup Honey or Agave
2 Eggs – Beaten or 3 tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer
3 Bananas – Mashed
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and spray a loaf pan with gluten free spray.
– In medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
– In small bowl, combine apple sauce and honey. Beat the eggs and add to the honey.
– Thinly slice 3 bananas and either mash with a fork separately or in a food processor or add to honey mixture and use a hand mixture to mix the banana.
– When the banana is mashed and incorporated (chunks are a good thing!) add the honey mixture to the flour. Stir only until the flour is fully incorporated.
– Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. I turned the oven off at 42 minutes and left it in there as the oven cooled.
– Remove from oven, let sit for 10 minutes then remove from pan to a cooling rack.
Weight Watchers points per serving – 7
Calories – 241.9
Fat – 1.9g
Fibre – 2.5g
Sodium – 201.2mg
Carbohydrates – 54.7g
Protein – 3.8g