This is my mom’s recipe. Thanks mum! She made it for us last time we were at her place and while I don’t usually like nuts and I never ever have almonds in my house, this chicken was awesome. Tender, juicy, perfectly crunchy. I promptly went to Costco and bought almonds. And I’m thinking, with a gluten free diet, almonds are the perfect alternative to bread crumbs in almost any recipe. Apparently they’re healthy too. I like chicken prepared this way because it’s so simple to make but has a significant amount of flavor, I love the texture and the almonds and mustard hold the moisture in the chicken. You can literally pair this chicken with anything: quinoa, rice or put it on a salad. I’m willing to bet your kids will like it too!
4 Chicken Breasts – Boneless Skinless
1/4 cup Dijon Mustard – We used French’s Honey Dijon
1 cup Almond Meal or Crushed Almonds
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper or tinfoil.
– If you have whole almonds, throw them in the food processor
– Baste each breast with dijon mustard then roll them in the almonds, coating them on all sides.
– Place on baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. The internal temperature should be 160 degrees.
– Serve with whatever tasty and healthy side you want. Like a spinach salad.
Weight Watchers points per serving – 8
Calories – 317.3
Fat – 13.5g
Fibre – 2.8g
Sodium – 495.2mg
Carbohydrates – 7.7g
Protein – 39.5g