I know you’re going to love this recipe. I know this because I made it twice in 24 hours and have plans to make it again in three days. I know this because I served it to my family and friends of my family and everybody loved it. But the most important reason you’ll love it? It’s low fat, low calorie, and gluten free. I would actually be happy making this for dinner, instead of dessert. Or maybe breakfast.
8 cups Mixed Berries – Frozen
7 tbsp Splenda or Sugar
5 tbsp Tapioca Flour
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 cup Rolled Oats – Gluten Free**SEE NOTES
1/2 cup Brown Sugar – Packed
1/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
1/2 cup Butter or Dairy Free alternative
Nutmeg – To taste
Cinnamon – To taste
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
– To make berry mixture, microwave your berries until semi-thawed. Mix in all berry ingredients and combine well. Pour into small casserole dish or a 10×10″ square pan.
– To make crumble, add all dry ingredients then cut in margarine with a pastry cutter or a fork, until mixture is crumbly (and tasty!) Spread evenly-ish over berries and put in the oven.
– Bake for 30 minutes or until crumble is golden brown and berries are bubbling up.
– Serve at room temperature or cold with ice cream or over freshly cut fruit.
– Gluten Free oats are pure oats that have not been contaminated with wheat, barley or other gluten containing products. Because I’m not celiac and just watching what I eat, I use regular Quick Rolled Oats.
– Tapioca Flour and Brown Rice Flour are both gluten free but if you are not living a GF lifestyle, you can use all purpose flour in the same amounts.
– The good news is if you serve 6 or 8 people with this dessert the WW points will remain the same! Obviously the individual counts go up but not enough to be super concerned about if you’ve eaten consciously for the whole day.
Weight Watchers points per serving – 8
Calories – 261.4
Fat – 7.5g
Fibre – 6.5g
Sodium – 96.1mg
Carbohydrates – 55.6g
Protein – 2.7g