There is something about salt & vinegar chips that is really satisfying. Obviously it’s the salt but I sometimes crave the vinegar flavor too. This side dish will satisfy all of the above but it is way healthier than a bag o’ potato chips. This dish is not low in sodium but sometimes you just need a little salt in your life. At least that’s how I keep justifying it! Pair them with a spinach salad and some of your favourite marinated chicken for a well-rounded and perfect meal.
1 pound Fingerling Potatoes **SEE NOTES
2 cups White Vinegar
– Preheat the broiler on your oven and line a baking sheet with tinfoil
– Wash the potatoes and slice them 1/4″ thick lengthwise. Put them in a pot with the vinegar and bring to a boil. When the vinegar boils, lower the heat and simmer for about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and let them cool 20 minutes IN the vinegar
– Make one layer of potatoes on baking sheet. Spray with olive oil (or sprinkle and toss to coat) Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and put under broiler until top of potatoes start to bubble and brown on top. Flip them all and broil for another 5 or so minutes.
– You can use nugget potatoes instead of fingerlings
– I accidentally used pickling vinegar the first time. I don’t suggest it. I found them way too vinegary and strong. Still good but too potent for me.
– You can use malt vinegar instead of white vinegar but that wouldn’t be conducive to a gluten free diet
Weight Watchers points per serving – 3
Calories – 123.8
Fat – 6.8g Fibre – 1.3g
Sodium – 1747mg
Carbohydrates – 9.7g
Protein – 1 g