A healthy spin on the Chinese Restaurant fave – Beef & Broccoli. With only 13 points per serving (includes the rice count!) this recipe will satisfy both in and out of the kitchen. You can make it as spicy as you want and it will make an awesome lunch the next day.
1 lb Beef – Sirloin Tip or better – Sliced thinly
2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1/2 cup Beef or Veggie Stock – Low Sodium
2 tbsp Bragg’s or Tamari Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Ginger Root – Fresh – Grated
3 cloves Garlic – Minced
1 tsp Cornstarch
1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
3 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 head Broccoli – Cut into flowerets
1 Bell Pepper – Orange – Thinly sliced
2 Thai Chili – Deseeded and thinly sliced
1 tbsp Chili Oil *Optional
3 cups Rice – Cooked
– Mix the beef strips with 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the veggie stock, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cornstarch and chile flakes.
– Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large frying pan. Stir fry the beef strips for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
– Discard any remaining oil in the wok, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and add the broccoli, bell pepper, thai chili and chili oil. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the stock mixture and cover, simmer for 2 minutes.
– Return the beef to the wok and simmer until the juices thicken, stirring occasionally. Cook another 2 minutes.
– Serve over rice with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
– Also really good with a tossing of cooked jumbo shrimp
Nutritional count includes rice
Weight Watchers points per serving – 13
Calories – 495.3
Fat – 20.2g
Fibre – 5.6g
Sodium – 573.6mg
Carbohydrates – 48.4g
Protein – 33.2g