I do not like Pumpkin Pie. It makes me feel icky inside. I had a bad childhood experience involving Christmas dinner and the flu. Needless to say, one bite of dessert and pumpkin pie was forever ruined for me. So I’m breaking the mould with this recipe, and while it does taste vaguely of pumpkin pie, the cream cheese gives it some UMPH. It’s delicious and I never considered cheesecake easy to make. Honestly, I’ve never tried, so when Gwyneth Paltrow posted this on her website GOOP, I figured it was just in time for Christmas recipe attempts! It took me about 5 minutes to put these cheesecakes together and 25 to bake. Are they all that easy??
Original recipe found here
8 oz Cream Cheese – Light
1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree (Not pumpkin pie filling)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 cup Honey or Agave
8-10 Gingersnap Cookies – Gluten Free – Crumbled **SEE NOTES
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Soften the cream cheese on a plate in the microwave for 20 seconds. Using a hand mixer on low, beat the cream cheese until creamy.
– Add can of pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
– Add one egg, mix thoroughly, add second egg and mix thoroughly.
– Add the spices and honey and combine thoroughly.
– Pour into 8 ramekins 3/4 full. **SEE NOTES
– Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and leave to cool.
– Crumble gingersnap cookies over top and serve.
– Using the ramekins I had on hand I only got 5 cheesecakes. Yours will probably also vary. The Nutritional Info is for 5 ramekins, not 8.
– London Drugs sells gluten free ginger snaps but if you can’t find them, gluten free graham crackers would be equally delicious. On the flip side, use regular cookies if you don’t have GF preferences.
Weight Watchers points per serving – 8
Calories – 322.6
Fat – 12.3g
Fibre – 5.3g
Sodium – 183.4mg
Carbohydrates – 46.8g