Don’t have time to cook? Tired? Having people over for dinner and want to impress but only want to put in minimal effort? Put this to the test! The marinade literally takes 30 seconds to make, everything you should have at home except maybe the miso and it keeps well in the fridge. It also freezes really well if you cook it to almost done, let it cool and put enough for one meal in freezer bags.
4 Chicken Breasts – Boneless Skinless
3 tbsp Miso Paste – Red or White **SEE NOTES
2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 1/2 tsp Ginger – Fresh or Ground
1 1/2 tsp Garlic – Finely Minced
1/2 tsp Red Chili Pepper Flakes
2 tbsp water
– Place chicken breasts in shallow dish or covered bowl.
– In small bowl, combine all remaining marinade ingredients. Whisk thoroughly and add to dish with chicken. Using your hands, fully coat all of the chicken with the marinade. Cover and refridgerate for 1 – 2 hours.
– Preheat oven to 375. Put chicken on a baking sheet, in a shallow baking dish or on a broiling pan. Whichever you prefer or have on hand. (Broiling pan guarantees moist chicken though!) Bake for 8-10 minutes, flip and bake for another 8-10.
– Serve with your favorite side dish. I recommend yam fries.
– I haven’t figured out what the difference between red and white miso is. I used red for this recipe and will probably continue to use it until it’s gone, then I’ll try white. I’m sure both are just as satisfying though. I found this in China Town but you might be able to find it in the ethnic aisle of your local grocery store.
Weight Watchers points per serving – 4
Calories – 192.8
Fat – 6.4g
Fibre – 0.1g
Sodium – 104.1mg
Carbohydrates – 1.4g
Protein – 54.6