I stole this recipe with permission from Karen @ “The Art Of Doing Stuff” If you’re not familiar, you’re seriously missing out. Her writing style is hilarious and never ceases to inspire. This recipe is so yummy and will change the way you view carrot soup, I promise! It tastes faintly of carrots, mildly of peanut butter and sesame oil with a bit of zingy spice. It’s even better the next day and tastes great cold too! Pair it with Na’an Bread or some gluten free Baking Powder Biscuits for a simple lunch.
1 lb Carrots – Peeled and sliced
2 stalks Celery
1 Onion – Diced
4 or more cloves Garlic – Minced
1/2″ piece Ginger – Fresh – Peeled and sliced
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
3 cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth – Low Sodium
1 1/2 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (Soy Sauce) **SEE NOTES
1/2 tbsp Peanut Butter – Creamy, Natural
1 tsp Splenda or Sugar
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 cup Milk or Non-Dairy Alternative
4 tbsp Sour Cream – Fat Free (optional)
– Chop up onions, celery and garlic. Put them in a medium sized stock pot with oil on medium heat. Saute until soft.
– Peel and slice ginger, add it to stock pot along with crushed red pepper flakes, carrots and chicken/veggie broth.
– Bring to a boil and simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove pot from heat and add remaining ingredients.
– Use one of the following to puree your soup; food processer, blender or immersion blender. Blend until smooth but be cautious if transferring to a food processor or blender because obviously the soup is hot.
– Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
– Use any soy sauce you have on hand if you’re not Gluten Free and don’t have Bragg’s in the pantry. But I think everyone should have Bragg’s in the pantry!
Weight Watchers points per serving – 2
Calories – 147.7
Fat – 5.4g
Fibre – 4.8g
Sodium – 643.5
Carbohydrates – 20.6g
Protein – 5.5g